Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Don't you just hate it when...

Thalestris24

8 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Oh that's ridiculous :cussing:.

It's only a little 115mm 'frac, lord help them if a big dob turned up, then they'd know what a too big package is like.

As other's have said, my favourite courier company is DPD, it's the delivery option I spec when I order anything big from TS.

Wish I'd specified dpd now.... The access point is only a small corner shop/convenience store. I'm still waiting to hear whether it will, in fact, be delivered today... Sigh

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's arrived - phew! UPS did kindly phone me and say it would be delivered in the next 15 min which was very helpful. Not opened the box yet but it appears undamaged. The box is 120cm x 41.5cm x 41.5cm and it would have been a bit of a struggle to carry any distance. At least I can relax a bit now :)

Louise

1 minute ago, Thalestris24 said:

That's not good - out of stock?

Yep. If I only knew it would take that much, I would have bought a complete set of filters from another brand, even though I already had the Ha. But I wanted to stick with the same one for some parfocality They should be delivered to my local astro provider tomorrow. Fingers crossed as it also appears to be clear this weekend. Mostly fog lately. I started buying lenses for day light, snowboard gear, ice skates, etc. since I haven't seen stars for a while.

20 minutes ago, moise212 said:

Yep. If I only knew it would take that much, I would have bought a complete set of filters from another brand, even though I already had the Ha. But I wanted to stick with the same one for some parfocality They should be delivered to my local astro provider tomorrow. Fingers crossed as it also appears to be clear this weekend. Mostly fog lately. I started buying lenses for day light, snowboard gear, ice skates, etc. since I haven't seen stars for a while.

Hope you have some good news tomorrow. Don't see the stars here much ever! Dunno why I continue with this frustrating hobby!

Have unpacked now :). It's a bit of a beast! It's going to need some serious counterbalancing at the camera end and I'm wondering whether the single 5kg weight I have for the AVX will be sufficient for the ota plus counterweight + stuff. I guess I'll find out when I load it up tomorrow. I have a large number of polystyrene peanuts and the boxes to get rid of too. I think that will be a weekend job.

Louise

Congrat's on the new scope Louise, why does it always mean buying more accessories ?

My DPD driver, LLoyd, lives up the close opposite to me so if I'm not in he can always drop stuff off on his way home :grin:

Dave

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Congrat's on the new scope Louise, why does it always mean buying more accessories ?

My DPD driver, LLoyd, lives up the close opposite to me so if I'm not in he can always drop stuff off on his way home :grin:

Dave

Lucky you! Yeah there's always extra stuff needed. Fortunately I have a guide scope and cameras I can use with it so no big expenditures needed. Anyway, once this is up and running I'll never buy any astro gear again. Ever. Period.

Louise

2 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Lucky you! Yeah there's always extra stuff needed. Fortunately I have a guide scope and cameras I can use with it so no big expenditures needed. Anyway, once this is up and running I'll never buy any astro gear again. Ever. Period.

Louise

Lol. I said that several times about drinking when I was younger.

52 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

It's arrived - phew! UPS did kindly phone me and say it would be delivered in the next 15 min which was very helpful. Not opened the box yet but it appears undamaged. The box is 120cm x 41.5cm x 41.5cm and it would have been a bit of a struggle to carry any distance. At least I can relax a bit now :)

Louise

That's a relief. I could say good things are worth waiting for, but it probably wouldn't be too helpful

4 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Louise

Now where have I heard that before? Oh yes, myself after every purchase :evil4:.

Oh, no, how frustrating Louise I really feel for you, there is nothing worse than knowing the package is within small X miles of your house, but you can't get hold of it.  Mind you as a last resort I have actually driven to main depots and picked up big packages - my closest for most companies is Basildon, and sometimes the item is worth the 15 mile journey.  Fingers crossed you get hold of it soon.

1 minute ago, moise212 said:

Lol. I said that several times about drinking when I was younger.

He he. I've actually been teetotal for 18 months now :) I didn't drink much anyway - just a 125ml glass of wine as a nightcap, less than a bottle a week. I knocked it on the head because I suffer from insomnia and all advice said not to drink alcohol to help you sleep. Unfortunately, not drinking didn't help and I still suffer from insomnia...

Louise

1 minute ago, JOC said:

Oh, no, how frustrating Louise I really feel for you, there is nothing worse than knowing the package is within small X miles of your house, but you can't get hold of it.  Mind you as a last resort I have actually driven to main depots and picked up big packages - my closest for most companies is Basildon, and sometimes the item is worth the 15 mile journey.  Fingers crossed you get hold of it soon.

I have it now - see above :) I don't have a car so can't drive anywhere :(

Louise

2 minutes ago, JOC said:

Ah, just realised we had hopped to page 2 that's why my post above doesn't make sense - Glad you've got it and it was undamaged - now all you need are some clear nights!!

It's actually sunny here at the mo and forecast to be clear later but transparency not so good and I have evening class tonight. It'll take me a while to set up anyway. Astronomy teaches one to be patient - whether you like it or not!

Louise

Oh, I've just had another thought :- 

Just because :

3 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

and I have evening class tonight. It'll take me a while to set up anyway.

That's ok, no one said you had to be AT the party, we can set it up and ,  ,   party  test it for you,,,  heheee

Archived