Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS WITH ONLY SMARTPHONE CAMERA

1 minute ago, barkis said:

And I thought you taken a picture of Colditz from Kent. 
:confused2:

It does look like that a bit actually doesn't it.  

Ok my story has changed.........This is a picture I took of Colditz from Kent with my Galaxy S7 :grin:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Steve Ward said:

Don't tell porkys , you'd never get that shot from Kent , you'd have to be standing nigh on due west of the castle to get that view ... :happy8:

I just assumed he had bounced it of a 150mm mirror in Belfast to get that angle :smile:

• Scott locked this topic
4 minutes ago, Steve Ward said:

If you pair can both mistake Edinburgh Castle for Colditz then I give up ... :blink:

I know they are both Cold, so that compares well enough for me :icon_biggrin:.

I just hope we are not being too harsh on Rob. But I do not find that Image credible, in light of the conditions under which it was taken, and the Device used.
The exposure itself would need to have been a rapid one, that Station moves along at a hell of a Lick to grab with one exposure on a Smartphone.
I know technology has moved forward at a rate of knots in a short time, but I still have to doubt the credibility of this Image. 
Would I like to be wrong, of course I would, I'm a long way from perfect from an Imaging POV.

Here's the pic, just had to swap from mobile device to a laptop :)

I took this one with a C11 at 2.8m focal length and a 60fps DMK camera. Resolution here is 0.41 arc seconds per pixel. I could post the avi to youtube I suppose.

1.jpg

Rob, perhaps you could upload your video file to youtube so that others can make their mind up?

If you have indeed captured that image with your phone, then it is the most remarkable smartphone picture I have seen, ever, so could do with having a look :)

Cheers

Tim

Archived