Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blimey!! That's nippy out there!!

daz

Did the final tweaking of CCD Commander with Maxim on the obsy PC tonight - looks like we are in for a bought of fog tonight, so taking the opportunity to get this done...

Autofocus set up, filter offsets plumbed in, plate scale set up for plate solving, and basic actions set up for the coloured filters (3 x 120s, with a focus action).

Guiding is running nicely and the first subs of M37 are coming in.

All I can say is thank $DEITY for remote access to the obsy PC!! Hope you visual guys are wrapped up warm!!!

That's good to hear that you are all set up with that side of the automation, Daz!

I was out observing earlier with some review equipment and it was a little misty but I watched the AAG cloud graph climb steadily and then flatten out so I am reasonably hopeful that it will be clear enough so I have decided to give it a go and have a sequence running that will kick in at 20:20 when B33 rises above my local horizon and at 00:30 it should swap to the Pacman Nebula until 03:15 when it will close down - that's the theory!

Daz, I always knew you imagers were lightweights ;) 

Just been out freezing my bits off to get a few nice views, but the offer of mince pies and brandy butter has lured me back inside. I told you I was hardcore ;) 

Archived