Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up , Moon machines tonight

Timebandit

28 minutes ago, spike95609 said:

I bumped into it by accident last night and was happy that I did. There was quite a lot of footage and aspects of the design that I'd not seen before. Excellent stuff!

Turning your phrase around a bit Spike, an accident from that time also bumped into us too.
I refer to the horror of the capsule fire that claimed those three lives. Not nice to reflect on I grant, but a space pressured with pure oxygen at 30psi was
surely a potential hazard missed by everyone, although I believe there was someone who raised concerns about it, but I don't recall who.
Of all the tragedies that have occurred in Americas space activities, that is the one that really hit home for me. I can't describe the emotions I felt back then.
Horrible doesn't come close. Not a nice subject to raise, but it is part of the cost of all those efforts to reach the Moon.

Archived