Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep21_banner.thumb.jpg.d744e66b98367f1c5d57b7966c303f1b.jpg

Pete Presland

Uranus 28.11.2016

With a 4am alarm call to catch Jupiter on Thursday morning, I thought I would have quick look at Uranus and Neptune on Wednesday evening. Uranus was an easy find in the 9x50 viewfinder, especially with it form a nice little triangle with a couple of other stars. Neptune a little bit more difficult.

Reasonably pleased with the Uranus image, I didn't expect much to be honest. Neptune is too poor to be worthy of posting really :icon_biggrin:

Taken with the C9.25/ASI120mm combo, with a Televue x1.8 Barlow for the first image, not sure whether the 2nd was the x2 or x3 Barlow  :iamwithstupid:Added some false colour for aesthetic reasons not sure it adds anything really!

2016.11.28 Uranus.png

Edited by bunnygod1
  • Like 1

I like the first image Pete.  Colour is a personal thing! :wink:

Angie

• Like 1

You've got a nice disk on the first one Pete, is that Uranus? 

Regards

Harvey

• Like 1

Angie, the first one has come out nice and sharp. Not sure I really like the colours much :icon_biggrin:

Barv, Both are Uranus just at different focal lengths. I have a Neptune image its pretty poor though.

Nice effort! :)

You need a much lighter blue for false colour Uranus images btw...if you backed off the red in your images (which would reduce the purplish hue) you get a good approximation of Neptune in FC. ;)

• Like 1

The smaller focal length shot has come out with a much better sharper look, Good capture. Should try with a 610 longpass and mono 120. might get some banding Pete. Its not easy with smaller scopes. but can be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bunnygod1 said:

I have a 642 filter on the way, might try a no25 tonight though.

No 25 works well Pete. I used it before I got the 610. It has a similar performance I thought.

• Like 1