Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light with the TAL

wookie1965

Typical not a star at SGLXII come home and clear skies (sort Of).  Set up 2 star aligned Went to M57 just to see if I could see any colour from the Frac was a bit disappointed until realised had dew luckily had another dew strap so put both on. Next double double this I split easily with 5mm 4 distinct stars.

Had to look at the Garnet star(SAO 0336 93) It did not disappoint lovely resolved  orange/red star.

Auriga  NGC 1778 nice rich open cluster plenty of resolved stars,NGC1664(Kite Cluster)  all the stars were white found that strange, NGC1907 very compact open cluster two bright stars to one side, NGC 2192 another tight open cluster, NGC 1857 looked like a X to me with bright orange star in the middle, NGC 1893 y shaped cluster could not see any nebulosity, M36,M37,M38 plenty of stars here I think M37 is the best. M38 looks like two small clusters crashing into each other.

NGC 457 love this cluster and the colours in the Tal were superb, NGC 869/884 double cluster this blew me away so many resolved stars more than I have ever seen before just jumping out the more a looked highlight of the night.

Albireo lovely colours, 16 cygni pair of yellow stars very nice, 17 cygni lovely blue primary and dimmer red companion, 61 cygni great pair orange stars.

cloud was building now so went to M81 and M82 got them both in 25mm the cigar was a lot easier to see.

Caster wow 8mm should two probably about the same size yellow stars first time seen these.

Last but by all not least M42 wish I had put uhc filter on only thought when packed up trapezium had 4 distinct stars but cranked up power 5mm with a little averted vision the 5th popped out and that was it cloud coming in fighting with dew all night but very productive night. I can see me having some great nights with this Scope.

Excellent Wookie!  I can tell you were looking for color differences vis a vis the 200P and found a few.  It's pretty amazing how things look differently in various scopes, of even the same design.  The TAL sounds fantastic!  Enjoy :) 

Still seems a bit strange not having old faithful stood up in corner of the bedroom, that scope gave me so many "wow" moments...............................i wonder how long it will be before i track down another, but i really need to start using the 150 mak 

Archived