NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just found this

Bino Pete

Free to use telescope can be found at the link below, you select your object and give the scope a few details about the photo you want to take and your email address, then wait for a couple of days for your picture to be emailed to you.

http://mo-www.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/OWN/Own.pl

Sorry if everyone already knows about it!!

54 minutes ago, Davesellars said:

Don't hold your breath though waiting for the results... ;)

I remember trying this about 18 months ago - I put in for a few shots and nothing was ever emailed to me.

That's what I was worried about - I'll cross my fingers!!

That is cool, Tried it yesterday, I asked for M51 at 15 sec and got my image back today. I did a comparison pic so I could see what a scope like this would be like compared to mine and I am well pleased.

You can see what the weather was like at the time also and view the details of the image eg, forcal length etc.

Also which I think is really good is it gives you the image as a FITS file which you can edit and there is even a free basic photo processing software to download which I like because its so easy to use.

The link for the image is below.

Thanks again for the link- good find

WhirlpoolGal161027114513.FITS

I don't think I will be using this again. I have just received RGB images of M27. The red and green filters show star trails and the green filter has very tight stars but no nebula - identical to the dark frame! Also very limiting regarding exposure - single exposure, max 60s - perhaps shorter would be better with that standard of tracking. At least it was free.

On 10/27/2016 at 13:46, Bino Pete said:

Orion Nebula with red filter - my first practise one

Keep at it Pete!

Practice makes perfect!

That site appears to take only raw or B&W photos. I put in for one to see if it works for me.

(I want to compare it to my own shots.)

8 hours ago, gtis said:

Just tried it can't choose gender and state

If you can't choose a gender you may be in a state of confusion. Just click on one of the options for gender. And for instance, if you're in a state of dismay, or indeed of confusion, these are not our states, so choose the option 'outside us'. Click No if you want us to stop gathering information about you.

□ Yes

Or try a different browser

Archived