Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using SharpCap for DSO imaging

Grierson

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2016 at 09:29, Grierson said:

I wonder if any experienced imagers could comment on the use of SharpCap for deep sky photography. Thanks - John

Do you mean using the Live Stacking feature? If so, you might want to head to the Video Astronomy section.

Thanks for the responses. As a novice I was naively casting round for software with which to use with my new camera. I have in fact settled on Sequence Generator Pro and I will continue to use AutoStakkert for post processing. Again thanks for taking the trouble to respond. - John 

2 hours ago, Astrosurf said:

What camera and kit will you be using? If you put those details in your signature block it'll help people help you.

Alexxx

Point taken. Although the ZWO camera is shown I have not used it yet hence the questions. To date most of my activity has been chasing planets - John

This will be very interesting John. I also have just got a ZWO asi 1600 and tried it with APT last night, without much success. I was doing 90 sec exposures which, I guess, is probably too long. Apparently, the camera is going to be a total game changer. It's getting the blasted thing to work properly that could be a problem!!!

If I get any results I'll let you know.

Regards,

P.

Well, 1st imaging session with the ZWO. Rather rough but, hey, only 18x30 secs. The point is, I really didn't have a clue what I was doing, (yeh, and it shows lol). It just goes to show how sensitive the chip really is.

P.

cigar, first asi1600 after paintshop.jpg

Archived