Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 9-10-16 09.30 plane crazy

xtreemchaos

15 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

But what id really like to catch is a ISS transit, it looks stunning against a sol or moon backdrop.  clear skys ,charl.

You need to look on CalSky sir , gives all ISS pass and transit details ... http://www.calsky.com/cs.cgi/Satellites/4?obs=97063581350176

Log in , add your exact location and off you go , as it happens there's on in your general area tomorrow evening , bear in mind that the 'shadow' cast is just 7Km wide though so you need to be right on the centre-line to catch it crossing the disc centrally .

Once you get the pass/transit details up it will tell you how close things are and you an pull up a centre-line map that will show exactly where you need to be and at what time , no dilly-dallying though as it crosses the disc in about 1/2 a second ... 

ee.PNG

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Steve Ward said:

You need to look on CalSky

great imfo Steve, ill be trying it today, infact im going to log on soon so i can make a plan, its a target ive been after for a longtime.  thanks  ,charl. ps just realised it will be well outa range by that time, ill have to keep a eye on it for when it is.

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Chris, i think planes, geese, satilites ect all add to a image, but what id really like to catch is a ISS transit, it looks stunning against a sol or moon backdrop.  clear skys ,charl.

Yes, I'm lucky enough to have done that one.  I assume you know of Calsky, the system that sends you alerts to such an event?

Archived