NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Veil Nebula - All of it in Bi-Colour

PhotoGav

The Veil Nebula (or Cygnus Loop) is on my list again too :)  But I shall be capturing it all in one go with a wider FOV with camera lens and ASI1600MM-Cool.  Ill probably go for that next - after I've finished the very widefield view of the main Cygnus area including this plus NAN & Pelican and Crescent Nebulae and the Cygnus Wall.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon - definitely, that bit on the left, The Eastern Veil , is very Alien-esque! I love all the weird and wonderful images we can see in the dust clouds, a psychiatrist would have a field day! My wife declared that she sees Jesus on the cross in this image!

Gina - good luck with that. +1 for wide field lenses!

Thats lovely Gav, love the FOV and very nicely processed. It will be interesting to see how the other processing tequniques come out. 

And yes oddly i kinda thought that as well, its the left hand nodule that looks like the head of the beast. I might actually start calling the nebula The Alien Nebula.

http://wallpapers.wallpapersdepo.net/free-wallpapers/1861/Aliens-1080.jpg

Archived