Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

September 6th - H Alpha - Big Filament Still Dominant

paulastro

The large filament still dominates the disk in in HA, with AR2585 about as close to the CM as it will be.  At least 8 or 9 prominence scattered along the E and W limbs, with non being particularly significant.  Single frame with Lunt 60 DS, Olympus E-M10 at 500 asa, taken at 7.33 am on 1/60 sec. 

P9060159b.jpg

Many thanks Dave.  The largest of the proms when I was observing was on the W limb, shaped rather like the crest of a wave - to my eyes at least.  If it was the one you're talking about I didn't notice it was erupting - though I didn't watch it for any length of time as I wanted to take some pics in white light afterwards.  Thanks for the tip-off I'll take a look at GONG - or go outside again while there is still some sunshine!  :smile:

20 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Good catch Paul, there was a big prom eruption around the time you were imaging, you can see it on GONG.

Dave

I've just had a look on GONG Dave and I'd come indoors before it started erupting - ah well, you can't have everything, nice to see it on GONG!  :smile:

12 hours ago, paulastro said:

I think the next couple of days will be better weather for many of us

Well done! Hope you are right, though as Dave says, they seem to predict sun 2 days in advance then cancel it on the day!  I was due to see friends and family today and tomorrow, but re-arranged it for yesterday to leave 2 days free for solar imaging, now I'm sitting alone under cloudy skies :clouds1::happy11: . 

Iain 

11 hours ago, Iainp said:

Well done! Hope you are right, though as Dave says, they seem to predict sun 2 days in advance then cancel it on the day!  I was due to see friends and family today and tomorrow, but re-arranged it for yesterday to leave 2 days free for solar imaging, now I'm sitting alone under cloudy skies :clouds1::happy11: . 

Iain 

I hope the new arrangements worked out for you Iain!  :smile:

Archived