NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

August 27th - H Alpha - Nice Long Filament - Good but Faint Prominences **Replaced Image

paulastro

Out early and had session from 6.50 am to 7.10 am.  A nice long filament is not on view, the longest for a little while.  Some good prominences in the W, though they were quite faint and had to brightened in processing considerably to show up well.  Lunt 60 DS, Olyympus E-M10,  single frames taken on 500 asa, at 6.58 am on 1/80 and 7.03 am on 1/30.

P8270243c.jpg

** The above image was added  to replace the original with a more contrasty version.

P8270268a.jpgP8270268b.jpg

P8270243a.jpg

Nice captures Paul.  The close up of the surface and proms is rather good.

Looking at today's weather I am guessing you had thunderstorms this afternoon so you were probably out at the right time.

Robin

11 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Good early catch Paul, missed it again, have to wait until I get back home and get set up permanently again :grin:

Dave

OK Dave, it seems you have a reasonable excuse this time, but I'll be keeping an eye on you  :grin:.

4 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

My oh my that's a large one. Great images as always Paul.

Thank you John.  It's great that filaments can change so quickly and we can never be sure what we're going to see next isn't it, it keeps solar observing an adventure for me :smile:.

(I don't lead a very exciting life as you can probably tell :grin:)

7 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

Great effort to get anything today, at least we are not missing too much!

Many thanks Pete.  It was rather fortunate that it was clear for me first thing - I've been rather tied up with other things for most of the day.  :smile:

2 hours ago, DrRobin said:

Nice captures Paul.  The close up of the surface and proms is rather good.

Looking at today's weather I am guessing you had thunderstorms this afternoon so you were probably out at the right time.

Robin

Many thanks Robin.  As I responded to David, not sure why the close up was rather better than my usual efforts, I must have changed the processing I did very slightly - now if only I can remember what I did differently!  :smile:  In actual fact, surprisingly though it was rather heavy cloud with the odd bit of light rain later, no sign of any thunderstorms - at least not yet :smile:.

Archived