NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7822 in mono *2 pane mosaic*

swag72

This is one of the last images to roll off the ODK production line for a while as the shorter focal length scopes have some work to do :) I'm planning on using this mono Ha image as the luminance and also Ha data for a hubble pallet, with the OIII and SII coming from 330mm and resized to match the resolution here.

I look forward to your thoughts on it ....... 

Details:
M: Mesu 200
T: ODK10
C: QSI683 with 3nm Ha filter

Pane 1 - 24x1800s Ha
Pane 2 - 22x1800s Ha - Total exposure time 23 hours

NGC7822_SGL.jpg

11 minutes ago, Pompey Monkey said:

Smooth as butter but delicate like a butterfly's wing! :)

Says it all, bloomin' marvellous! :icon_biggrin: Cant wait to see the Hubble pallette version, although I think mono really suits this!

I like your plan to use the shorter Tak for OIII & SII, I found I had to bin these filters when using a longer slower OTA, this will do the same thing and then some! Looking forward to seeing the final result, as ever!

Thanks very much guys for your comments. I was very heartened by using some 2 pane mosaic data from the Tak for the OIII and SII on the Cygnus Wall complex, so I'm sure that the colour will work OK in this case. Just need to get the scopes changed over!!

Very nice Sara.  I look forward to seeing the final result.  

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

.... Just need to get the scopes changed over!!

Have you thought about having both scopes on the Mesu simultaneously?  It might save a bit of time.

5 minutes ago, gnomus said:

Have you thought about having both scopes on the Mesu simultaneously?  It might save a bit of time.

... No :D:D 

Thanks Barry and Steve for looking and commenting - I hope that this will get lifted with some OIII and SII :)

Nice work Sara - one of my fav NB targets with it columns and delicate areas, O3 and S2 both abundant in this object (as is N2) and lends it self well to the full 3 channel SHO.  Never seen in HOO though so that could be interesting.

You have captured the main structural detail as well as the fine dust areas really well - look forward to the next version(s)

Paddy  

Archived