Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Doug's New CPC-1100

Hi folks from Georgia, USA.

Here's my new scope the Celestron CPC-1100. I've only had it about 3-weeks and this is my first light/outing with darker skies. I was very impressed with the first looks of the globs (M13 & M5), M11 and Jupiter. This is my first time with a 2" diagonal (WO).. and 2" eyepieces. The ep in the diagonal is a WO Swan 40mm. It's a very nice and wide ep. I used it most of the evening eventhough I had several others to play with.

Cheers

Doug Neal

Hey, Now thats a cracker Doug, watch ya back mate heheheheheh , yes you will get some excellent views through that one for sure ,hows the focus knob , nice and smooth i hope .

Looks green there Doug , plenty of rain heheeheh .looks just like the green green grass of England ,

Anyway enjoy mate ,

Rog ,

PS

When ya going to hop on a Plane and come see me :)

Hi gang,

Thank you all for the kind remarks about the kit. My van is an AWD (All wheel Drive) vehicle..not actually 4-wheel drive...but will do fine in inclimate weather conditions... I guess I never related the "Astro Van" to my hobby...But it fits.. :shocked:

I will try some astro-photo images later in the fall/winter. But, will most likely keep the subs to 30 sec. only. I actually bought this scope for the nice, visual abilities. So, Rog...you will widen the gap even more with your fantastic kit and skills...we go back a long way, don't we??

Also Rog, I would love to visit you some day...I do have plans next year for a trip to France on business...never can tell if I don't stop over your way...we'll have some cheer together...

Regards,

Doug

Archived