Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Whenever i add the erecting eyepiece to my telescope, the view goes black!

Sometimes on some eyepieces if your eye is too close to the eyepiece itself the view can black out. Try moving your eye slightly further away from the EP to see if this is the issue. If so then you just need to find the best height to view with that eyepiece. 

2 hours ago, Wojtekwayne said:

13578506_10154607875614415_1526490999_n.png.jpeg

OK, I'm not sure what type of erecting (terrestrial/right-way-up-view) eyepiece came with your scope. I can only imaging that it is defective in some way.

Celestron Erector.jpg

This is a Celestron erecting eyepiece often included with their scopes. I believe they can be bought on Amazon for around £25.

Celestron 20mm erecting field lens.JPG

Have a close look at your eyepiece through both ends (eye lens and field lens) and see if there are any obstructions inside it.

Is the scope similar to these?

I believe all of these scopes originate from the same factory, possibly in Kunming and are sold under different brand names with differing accessories.

e2.jpg

This is the TS Optics version.

e1.jpg

It comes equipped with these erecting eyepieces. I have one of these somewhere, they aren't the best quality and I think they have plastic lenses. So I wouldn't worry if the erecting lens doesn't work. The included eyepieces are probably OK, but the Barlow may be only average. The scope should be pretty good though and it might be worth buying a Revelation Plossl or two for it. The Revelation Plossls are made by GSO and marketed under other names such as Celestron or Orion. Revelation are a bit cheaper as they are a house name brand for Telescope House. They will be better than the supplied eyepieces.

6 hours ago, Mak the Night said:

OK, I'm not sure what type of erecting (terrestrial/right-way-up-view) eyepiece came with your scope. I can only imaging that it is defective in some way.

Celestron Erector.jpg

This is a Celestron erecting eyepiece often included with their scopes. I believe they can be bought on Amazon for around £25.

Celestron 20mm erecting field lens.JPG

Have a close look at your eyepiece through both ends (eye lens and field lens) and see if there are any obstructions inside it.

Is the scope similar to these?

I believe all of these scopes originate from the same factory, possibly in Kunming and are sold under different brand names with differing accessories.

e2.jpg

This is the TS Optics version.

e1.jpg

It comes equipped with these erecting eyepieces. I have one of these somewhere, they aren't the best quality and I think they have plastic lenses. So I wouldn't worry if the erecting lens doesn't work. The included eyepieces are probably OK, but the Barlow may be only average. The scope should be pretty good though and it might be worth buying a Revelation Plossl or two for it. The Revelation Plossls are made by GSO and marketed under other names such as Celestron or Orion. Revelation are a bit cheaper as they are a house name brand for Telescope House. They will be better than the supplied eyepieces.

yes i have the TS Optics version and thanks

Archived