Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which eyepiece and filter for light poluted area

Hi,all i have been posting before about this .i need urgent guid and exact guid .i have bought celestron astromaster 76eq.it has 10mm eyepiece and 20mm .at first i observed moon and i was able to get the view .then i went for jupiter i was only able to see the moon .and for mars it was better with unaided eye .kindly guid me following

1.what filter for light polution u guys will recomend

2.which eye piece for better view of mars

3.which filter for nublae and etc 

infact going out of city is fairly dificult for me so mainly i ll remain in light poluted area. 

Also let me know what can i expect to see with my current equiments

Guid urgent as i have to order it from england today i live in pakistan.

1.what filter for light polution u guys will recomend

I use a bog standard Skywatcher LPF.

2.which eye piece for better view of mars

Mars is a very fickle/difficult planet to observe and ive yet to discover how to observe it in any good way

3.which filter for nublae and etc 

For observing nebulae (the majority of them).....you should think about a UHC filter. An OIII filter also for some of them such as the Veil,Rosette etc. If you can afford both......great. If you can only afford one right now........the UHC will be money better spent.

I wouldn't buy a uhc or OIII filter for that scope. I'm sorry to say that unfortunately the light grasp of a 76mm reflector is really too small in my opinion and to put such an aggressive filter filter on it might leave you unable to see anything at all through it. 

As for light pollution a light pollution filter will work if the lights are the yellow sodium type but not if they are anything else. Really the only solution to light pollution is to go somewhere without so much light pollution. 

What is your budget for eyepieces?  

Archived