Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Datyson barlow lenses

romx

Hi everyone, I am just starting to use my canon 1200D with my telescope using a t-ring and ofcourse want more magnification but i want a set of barlow lenses not just say 2x or 3x, so i hit ebay looking for cheap but sort of ok quality ones, I came across datyson ones for under £10 which on at least one site have good reviews but obviously i am not going to take the word of a site i dont know that sell thems word for it so I figured i would ask here, if anyone has tried these and can give a honest assessment of them it is the members on this site

Never heard of these. There are several cheap Barlows sold under a variety of brand names, and a quick google suggests Datyson is just another brand name. I got a cheap 2x Barlow for the kids, which worked fine, but isn't a quality Barlow by any stretch. I have used it for Ca-K imaging from time to time, but the wavelength band used is so narrow you would not see any chromatic aberration. Besides, the plastic construction of some of these would make me hesitant about hanging a DSLR of them (unlike a little planetary camera). I dd see images of a Datyson full metal 5x Barlow which looks OK, but I cannot comment on the optics. For just £10 I would not expect much, in all honesty.

Archived