Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

16" truss dob on ebay....

estwing

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yes, I saw that one too. Tempting if it stays low enough....

What are Meade mirrors like?

I believe variable from OK to quite good. I've read reports of one or two dogs though but I guess you get those with any mass produced product of this type. My LB 12" was in the "OK" category.

Meade use GSO to make the Lightbridges. They had issues with coatings on the ones dating a few years back but the more recent ones have addressed this I believe.

1 hour ago, Obsession 30 said:

Must admit I spotted it as well last night, looks like the mirror needs recoating any ruff ideas what that would cost

Image optics have a price list. Looks to be about £300 for the mirror and flat.  A 16" mirror is £175-198 depending on thickness, flat about £50 all + VAT. Plus the cost of getting it there.

Nigel

3 minutes ago, Astrobits said:

Image optics have a price list. Looks to be about £300 for the mirror and flat.  A 16" mirror is £175-198 depending on thickness, flat about £50 all + VAT. Plus the cost of getting it there.

Nigel

Thanks for that, not as much as I thought

Archived