Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent Nebula and Gamma Cygni Area

Another marathon session of getting the framing right and trying to get good focus. Here's my efforts from last night.

Image taken with a WO66SD and Canon 400D, WO 0.8x focal reducer flattener, Astronomik CLS clip filter, 13 frames x 4mins @ISO1600.

The image has open cluster NGC6910 to the top left of Sadr and M29 (The Cooling Tower Cluster) middle bottom and open cluster IC4996 to the bottom right. Nebulae Gamma Cygni (left and Middle area) and the Crescent NGC6888 top right.

6889_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice one Kev!

I've been looking at this area with my 8x40 binos (and the naked eye), and on a really good night I thought I could see a kind of glow .....now I know why! I can see the clusters with the binos but it is nice to see what it all actually is!

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks for the nice comments all. I'm praying that this imaging session hasn't ruined the mount. I could see that the scope was going to be pretty close to clashing with the pier as the target was near to the zenith and facing west slightly. I estimated there was probably well over an hour or two of time before it would be near. As I had only 20 minutes more of subs to do, I put my alarm clock on and went back to sleep. Several ZZZzzzZZZZZZzZZZzzzz's later I woke up to near daylight and bolted out into the garden to find the scope stalling the mount against the pier. I quickly turned it off and proceeded to pack up. I was hoping it would be at least dry tonight in order to test it for any detrimental effects.

DOHHHHHHH

Regards

Kevin

Blimey could you get any more objects in one FOV?

Focus looks to be pretty damn good to me, and the whole area is just swamped with stuff.

Very nice.

ant

p.s. Hope the mounts OK?

Archived