Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My EP's arrived - Not sure if they're correct?

Hi 

I have just taken delivery of my BST EP's from 365 Astrononmy. I ordered BST Starguiders 8mm & 25mm. The ones that have arrived do not say 'Starguider' anywhere on the unit itself or the packaging. They only say 8mm ED & 25mm ED.

Are these the correct EP's or have I been sent the wrong ones?

Many thanks

My 8mm has starguider on it sorry for the bad pic but like as above comes under various guises. Don't think theres copies just branded differently. I love my 8mm in my 200pd-s enjoy it.

WIN_20160607_19_09_22_Pro.jpg

I have exactly the same issue. I received my 15mm BST from 365 yesterday, it's just labelled as 15mm ED aswell and I was a bit concerned. However I have read that these EPs come with various brandings Explorer, starguider, paradigm etc but they are all the same. Anyway, I was lucky enough to have clear skies last night so I gave it an outing and it was amazing, clear and crisp with lovely colour contrast and a much wider fov than I'm used to. All in all very happy with it. 

2 hours ago, Rich_B said:

Hi 

I have just taken delivery of my BST EP's from 365 Astrononmy. I ordered BST Starguiders 8mm & 25mm. The ones that have arrived do not say 'Starguider' anywhere on the unit itself or the packaging. They only say 8mm ED & 25mm ED.

Are these the correct EP's or have I been sent the wrong ones?

Many thanks

I think they are all made originally by Barsta.

As has been said, these are all produced from the same manufacturer and then branded in various ways for sale. Some of the brandings (eg: Orion (USA) ) are sold for a lot more than the BST Starguiders are sold for but they are the same eyepiece as far as I can see.

If you order enough from the manufacturer you can have your own branding on them !

Orion 'Sirius' Plossls are more expensive than Celestron and Revelation Plossls, yet as far as I can tell, they are all GSO. I've been noticing a lot of rather large price differences between various re-badged equipment types. I think a lot of distributors make you pay extra for the name.

Annoyingly I bought my 8 and 18mm from Astronomy 365 and they had no branding, and a 12mm from skies unlimited which has 'Starguider' on it.

They are identical (other than color band and focal length) but my ocd is struggling with only one having the branding!

I've got a 25mm starguider and wanted to get some more but was a bit concerned about all the different names they go by. Thanks for clarifying they're all the same.

I read once that the chap that runs the "Skys the limit" dealership (Alan) does not know for sure what the branding will be until he picks the stock up from the container ship that it is delivered in.

Archived