Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first go at Saturn

Starwiz

Imaged just before midnight last night.  Saturn was at less than 15 degrees so I was amazed I got any detail at all.  I can even see a hint of the Cassini Division in there somewhere.  

John

Saturn_23_05_16.jpg

24 minutes ago, Trevor N said:

I haven't even seen it yet this time round John. You have done well . Is that  a 200mm newt you are using ? Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Yes, it's the SW200p.  I'd driven out to a dark site about 3 miles away so got to bed about 01.15, then had to be up for work at 06.30.  Astronomy at this time of year can be hard going.  :icon_biggrin:  

John

15 hours ago, Kokatha man said:

A first attempt at 15° - well done! :)

4 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

A very fine image with some good detail show in. I am finding Saturn slightly easier than Mars as it looks slightly higher to me and misses the trees. considering how bright Mars looks it is proving very tricky.

3 hours ago, PeterCPC said:

Very good for such a low target.

Peter

Thanks,  

I went out that night with the hope of imaging Mars only a couple of days after opposition, but it was pretty hopeless so I turned my attention to Saturn which was lower in the sky than Mars at the time.  

John

Archived