Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

canon 12x36 is or 10x42 is ?

I just love the 10x42 is L's - they are so crisp and clear and so steady they amaze me every time I use them on the night sky. Fabulous in daytime too especially on moving targets like birds and jets. The only other IS bins I tried were 15x50's and they were what inspired me to research IS bins for the best. Here's the review by Gary Seronic I went by when choosing mine:

http://garyseronik.com/review-canons-image-stabilized-binoculars/

Hth :)

Don't overlook the 10x30 IS - lightweight and compact, they get it done for me, and hit the wallet a bit less hard, as well. Under good skies, I don't miss the extra aperture for astro. This is beyond "grab-and-go" - more like "go-anywhere-and-grab".

I have the 12 x 36 III and they are fantastic, I have had them 3 months now and have used them at least 3 times per week. The batteries are still the originals that came with them !!!

On 16 May 2016 at 15:39, brantuk said:

I just love the 10x42 is L's - they are so crisp and clear and so steady they amaze me every time I use them on the night sky. Fabulous in daytime too especially on moving targets like birds and jets. The only other IS bins I tried were 15x50's and they were what inspired me to research IS bins for the best. Here's the review by Gary Seronic I went by when choosing mine:

http://garyseronik.com/review-canons-image-stabilized-binoculars/

Hth :)

Good review there Kim.

I've often thought of trading my 15x50s for a pair.

They are a 2004 vintage but still perform as well today as when i got them.

But now i've got an excellent pair of Fujinon 7x50 i can see the Canons just can't compete on an optical level.

I just miss the IS on the Fujis. They are heavy so and so's too.

How do your 10x42s compare optically to the 15x50s you tried ??

Maybe we could compare them one night up at WW ?

Rob (Bino-viewer, EMS)

4 hours ago, Tubby Bear said:

How do your 10x42s compare optically to the 15x50s you tried ??

Maybe we could compare them one night up at WW ?

Rob (Bino-viewer, EMS)

Great idea Rob - yeah we'll have a shoot out lol.

But the winners will be Micks Swarovski's - so incredibly light they don't need IS, and the glass is noticeably better than L series. V. expensive though.... :)

Archived