Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Petition to regulate light pollution

billyharris72

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, rockystar said:

I watched a Youtube video, a couple of months ago, that suggested burglars prefer brightly lit buildings because it means they don't have to carry a torch. 

I think Mike (DemonBarber) has showed me that one or something similar where the bright lights and shadows actually shield the burglar from watchful eyes. 

Hi Everyone.

The Petition is now closed and has attracted 11,638 signatures in total.

We have had a governmental response and achieved our objective.

Thanks to all who have spent their time trying to promote this petition.

Petition to Introduce Legislation to Combat light Pollution in the UK. advert attracted 1554 views and many I am sure have signed the petition over the FREE ADVERT run on Astronomy Buy and Sell.

I have included the last post on Astronomy Buy and Sell below with our thanks to Elsie and Paul for allowing us a free advert on their site.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/119428

In a matter just over 2 months, the signature count has risen from just 58 to about 11,638 as of today 23-07-2016.

THE PETITION IS NOW CLOSED!!!

I wish to thank all who have responded to our advert and also to all who have spent their own time in helping promote this petition.

I also wish to pass on our appreciation and thanks to Elsie and Paul for allowing us a prominent advert on their site, we are in your debt for your kind offer.

The Government has just responded. Their reply is pretty standard for any petition, but now the information has been accepted by them they cannot in future say that they have not been warned of problems in this area.

Your signatures have been appreciated. Thank you all.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/119428

Derek

Archived