Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Return of the spot

Floater

Just picked up on the fact that the 'new' AR some of us have been mentioning is, in fact, an 'old' one - 2529 now renumbered as 2542.

Fascinating, as ever, and I have hopes that the skies will clear and let me have look at how the shape of the spot has changed.

Clear skies!

thanks for the info Gordon, its good to know the numbers, the two spots are more visable today but still not at there best, tomorrow should bring more detail but saying that ,the seeing isnt to good here today.thanks charl.

It's looking pretty spectacular this morning, seeing quite steady and lovely detail visible. Here are a few dodgy iPhone shots through one channel of the Binoviewer, inexpertedly processed on my phone ?

As I saw yesterday, there are three umbral areas, two larger and one small. A few pores and plenty of faculae in the area towards the limb. As ever, view through the scope far exceeds any of these shots, there is simply no comparison!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

7 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Can anyone predict where it will be relative to Mercury on Monday?

Im afraid that's just too much for my pea-sized intellect Neil ??

Archived