Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon & Jupiter afocal shots

Just a few snaps I did with my IPhone 6 Plus held up to the EP to get some afocal shots. Certainly not anything earth shattering, but pleased that I got Jupiter (sadly no belts though) and its four moons. :) Taken through my Skywatcher Startravel 120 refractor.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Colinlp said:

Just an iphone? Brilliant

Yes. First time I had tried getting Jupiter. Used my TMB Planetary II 4.5mm EP, which made it slightly easier to get the light beam from the EP lined up with the camera on the phone. Thanks! :) 

13 minutes ago, baggywrinkle said:

Not bad at all.

I had a very frustrating night last night with just a few glimpse of the Moon between clouds.

Yes, there was only a small window between haze and clouds last night to get these. By 11pm it had clouded over fully. :( 

Nice ones. I do like to dabble with my iPhone 6 Plus too ?.

Have a look at the ProCam 3 app. It is great for adjusting the exposure and focus so you can bring out detail on Jupiter.

I also use PS express on my phone for a little bit of tweaking afterwards, it does help!

This pic was with an iPhone 6 Plus too using those apps ?

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Just a couple of examples of what you can do processing wise. These are your first two shots. Not perfect by any means, but better perhaps?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks Stu. :) Just checked and I'd bough two manual camera apps a while ago, but deleted them off my phone. Just reloaded them again, so going to test them out to alter the exposure time  and ISO setting too. 

13 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Some very nice captures showing what can be done with simple kit

Thanks. I have a Canon bridge camera too, so I am going to see if I can get some shots from the EP with that to when I can. :) 

Archived