Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M106 while soundly asleep

perfrej

Good evening,

I feel I have to up my production, and with the new power supply now in place thanks to Olly I can bag the final pieces of my M106. Generally speaking, I have been ditching a lot of subs due to seeing and not quite clear skies, not because the skies are really bad but more because our Cloudwatcher is set a tad low in terms of sensitivity. Maybe we should strangle it some more...

Anyway, M106 is ticking in data, and so far I have:

29 L, mixed 1200s and 600s
27 R, 600s
35 G, 600s
32 B, 600s

Everything is hot by ACP controlling my GM2000HPS II with a TEC-140 and a QSI-683wsg8. Filters are Astrodon something or other, and everything is, naturally, unguided ;)

My plan is to shoot some more data in order to bring down the noise, possibly going for 1200s overall and adding some Ha. Given the state of affairs over the past year, it is anyone's guess when I will be able to show the final result. Alas, I show what I have so far.

All the best,

M106_RGB_1.jpg

I love that image- you may have noticed I'm working on M64 but my light pollution issues are something to be reckoned with- there is only 1 solution or 2- move house or shoot more data- I'm going for the latter as its more practicable.

Thanks!

I missed the M64... The fact remains: lots of data pays off. Some of my best stuff have rediculous amounts of subs, and that really pays off in that you almost don't have to "process" the image. This will clean up nicely when it approaches 100 subs per filter ;) As the man said: "I'll be back!"

/p

Very nice. Just a tad green in the core, maybe?

Per, you absolutely have to have Ha for this! About 5 years ago MartinB captured a tantalizingly thin Ha jet perpendicular to the disk. I had a pop at it in the TEC as well and it's do-able. To see what you're chasing, a reference to one of imaging's greatest extremists is called for. R Jay GaBany presents...  http://www.cosmotography.com/images/small_close_ngc4258.html

But you can catch this.

Olly

Very nice image with lots of detail. You said in your post about the 8300 chip that this was "quick and dirty". Well maybe to you Per, but to me it is just a very nice image and shows what can be done, without darks. One benefit to us all,is that we can keep going back to an image and add more detail time and time again as things take a Lo.......ng time to change. It will take me a lo.......ng time to get close to that. I look forwards to your next one.

Derek

Archived