Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tee - Off Time for Jupiter...Hopefully More to Come!

Virgoman

Hi all. Has been quite a while since I posted anything on this forum but the hopeless weather with attendant dodgy seeing, that has been so prevalent in the UK, hasn't exactly helped! Anyway on the 23rd and 24th February the weather Gods deigned to provide a couple of  brief windows allowing me to try and capture a few Jupiter images. Attached is a result from the evening of the 24th. Jupiter's so-called boring side (although I don't think Jupiter does boring!) without the GRS. Pleased to get at least some record of this apparition - a long time coming indeed! Imaged with a Celestron C8 SCT and a ZWO 120MM camera through Baader LRGB filters. 3mins each RGB and derotated in Winjupos. Hopefully more to come - but cloud has invaded as I type this...and opposition night tomorrow looks a non - starter......hmm...seems familiar! Best regards and thanks for looking!

(h) JUPITER 24.02.16.png

Thank you all very much, Pete, Neil and mikeskor for those kind comments. Neil I captured at 640x480 then used PIPP planetary function and a setting of 448x448. I used this resolution throughout Winjupos processing to give the final derotated image.

Best regards,

Ralph

10 minutes ago, Virgoman said:

Thank you all very much, Pete, Neil and mikeskor for those kind comments. Neil I captured at 640x480 then used PIPP planetary function and a setting of 448x448. I used this resolution throughout Winjupos processing to give the final derotated image.

Best regards,

Ralph

In that case would well be worth trying a upsample I reckon.  The data looks good enough for sure. Maybe a 1.5x drizzle

Thanks very much Simon and Pete for those kind comments. It's good to be back!

Ralph

Archived