Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eqmod /question

bottletopburly

Seem to have I assume a small problem with eqmod, all installed ok mount talking to eqmod , coordinates imputed to both eqmod and cart du ciel , but testing outside I was Trying to get mount to point to sun, hit slew button but there's an error on eqmod says horizon limit so I'm assuming somethings not quite right , what side should the dovetail screws be on when in park position could it be puck needs turning round or is they're something glaringly wrong that I have missed 

Yes limits was ticked so thats sorted that ,co ordinates put into eqmod and cart du ciel but sent mount to the sun  sun, slewed round and by the look of it  telescope would have been looking down, seems too be overshooting the target obviously something a miss but it re parks ok ,any ideas ?

just had this reply on the eqmod yahoo group this looks hopeful fingers crossed

In Alignment/Sync

Click icon with X in it to clear alignment data.

In Park/Unpark 

With mount in home position, click Resync Encoders, make sure scope is at park position(but not parked) click OK

as we don't know if the problem is with the client in this case cartes du ceil ,scope or eqmod maybe it would be worth trying the scope using stellerium. I can remember another post a whilst back with a similar problem and it turned out they where running their client program with the correct time but wrong year setting

Archived