NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun in White Light 21st Feb 2016

David Smith

A challenging day to get any kind of solar astronomy done at all but the clouds broke for a while this morning and I couldn't let one of so few opportunities go to waste. However with winds gusting to ~45mph and clouds racing across the sky at around warp 5 it was tricky just keeping the scope on the ground! Having said that there were a few brief moments when the wind dropped and the clouds parted and I was reminded of summer :glasses2: Fortunately when the clouds were complicit I could drop the shutter speed right down to 1/3500th second almost eliminating the issue of the high winds. I do need to get rid of that bunny though :BangHead:

20160221.thumb.png.3b549b14477d65ff958f7

20160221mono.thumb.png.2c11da15c160a478f

Had a quick visual session with the PST but clouds were becoming the norm again by this point so was not able to get any H alpha or Ca-K imaging done. Right, I'm off bunny hunting :icon_albino:

Archived