Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter - 31st May

dweller25

Nice Image! From my garden the only way to see Jupiter is to put my 90mm mak on a tripod at the highest and most wobbly height, and then set it on bricks and look into it whilst balancing on a wall!

I envy your horizons I really do!

You did really well given the thickness of atmosphere you imaged through. well done.

Luke

Excellent Big J image! Wish I had the will power to stay up that late or get up that early. :)

I may be mistaken (I often am) but at increased dpi I'm sure I can see festoons in the banding. Which is nice. :D

Just to show what I mean here's an enlarged version of the image. The green has been reduced and the red/magenta increased on a lightened background. OK,so they look like strips of streaky bacon but I hope you can see what I can. :D

Oh,BTW 'onion rings' can be caused by too much gaussian blurring in Photoshop,don't know about other systems I'm afraid.

HTH.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Yep, Big Jove looks good. You captured a great image of the big fellow D25.

And I agree, it's low declination makes it a lot difficult to image, but you've managed it OK.

CW and his magic wand have improved it for you too.

Ron. :D

BTW - what causes onion rings in the processed images ???

D25

Computer too near the cooker. :D

:laughing3:

Onion rings I can cope with........... onion bhajis are a different matter! :pale:

Put on your shades I've updated the image. :D

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Archived