Big full disc - SF50

NickH

Just completed this, composite of about 12 panes, some overlaying others to augment data...it's not perfect, the joins are visible when you zoom in, and the differences in seeing become apparent, but ...hey ho

DMK21AU04.AS and the SF50

6202_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The full size version is quite large...this one is somewhat cropped

it's not perfect, the joins are visible when you zoom in

Blimey - only if you look for them...

Very nice image(s), I do really like the sun in these wavelengths.

Cheers

Ant

That's a great image nick :shocked:

Are the large dark patches at around 1 o'clock proms that are coming towards us, or something else entirely?

Thanks for sharing,

Ian

They are indeed prominences on the surface (aka filaments), when they reach the limb, sometimes, you can see them go from one to the other (Pete L has a superb image of one such recent event)

That's just superb Nick. These solar images coming up on SGL are just getting so good, I see a saturation point if that is possible, where further improvement can't be made.

And if ever I need to get a wig, I hope the join is as bad as the ones in this image, Invisible.

Ron.

Thank you everyone, I think the saturation point is not even close yet. If the new 100mm solarscope and the 200mm Lunt's perform as expected, we should be seeing some staggering images over the coming year or so.

It's very nice but couldn't you get rid of the black and white smudges?.......................................................

Excellent image, you have to look a bit hard for the joins, makes me want to invest in a solar filter. In fact I think i will.

It's very nice but couldn't you get rid of the black and white smudges?.......................................................

Excellent image, you have to look a bit hard for the joins, makes me want to invest in a solar filter. In fact I think i will.

lol....

Hot smudge...

Thanks everyone...I will get round to tidying up the joins..

Archived