Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

As if the Lp wasn't enough

DaveS

Scientist Chuck Long of Noaa @ American Geophysical Union in San Francisco [bBC Science website] says high flying jet contrails cause an overall haze to the sky that no longer appears deep blue as in the past - would you have thought it!

No mention of astronomers but apparently hazy skies are good for plants/trees in the lower canopy shaded from direct sunlight that now receives partially diffused light for extended lower growth.    The trend has been increasing since the 1970/80s apparently.  

BAN ALL PLANES - do you really need that holiday in Oz?

Nytecam

I have merged the two threads, as this is being discussed already. (Second thread from Nytecam's #3 post for context)

So many things to make astronomy a difficult pastime for us. Think we all need to set up remote observatories on the the moon...  :(

I have merged the two threads, as this is being discussed already. (Second thread from Nytecam's #3 post for context)

So many things to make astronomy a difficult pastime for us. Think we all need to set up remote observatories on the the moon...  :(

I had an idea for a station at the L2 point- perpetual night, no LP and 100% transparency... But how would you look through an EP with the space suit in the way?

I had an idea for a station at the L2 point- perpetual night, no LP and 100% transparency... But how would you look through an EP with the space suit in the way?

Sealed, rotating observatory - telescope on the outside, seal point at the Focuser, which would be inside, in the warm...  :D

Sealed, rotating observatory - telescope on the outside, seal point at the Focuser, which would be inside, in the warm...  :D

But surely, if it's a newt or Ritchey–Chrétien you won't be able to change EP as it would break the seal?

Perhapse if there is a coma-corrector fixed in place... That could be the seal and EP/Barlow can go on top?

At any rate, let's not derail this thread, as interesting as this is :rolleyes:

Archived