Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

At last....

Stratis

Got this out under the stars briefly.... amazing.

The view was very similar to the Zeiss surgical eyepieces I reviewed recently, but much wider and more engaging (if a touch softer).

This is the best mid/wide eyepiece I've ever used; I will now have to begin selling off all the lesser EPs I bought to cover the 30mm range :(

Congratulations - they are getting very hard to find :smiley:

I had the pleasure of being loaned a Pentax XW 30mm a few years back so that I could compare it with a Nirvana / UWAN 28mm and my 31mm Nagler. That was a fun few weeks and an interesting report to write up :smiley:

Congratulations - they are getting very hard to find :smiley:

I had the pleasure of being loaned a Pentax XW 30mm a few years back so that I could compare it with a Nirvana / UWAN 28mm and my 31mm Nagler. That was a fun few weeks and an interesting report to write up :smiley:

Sounds good John, is that report still here?

Just found it...

One on eBay currently..... Not cheap and in Italy! Feeling rich and brave? [emoji51]

Its not showing on my ebay Stu, I am a bit spent out and I best not look :laugh:

I am in Italy before Xmas :shocked:

I paid under £400 for mine, which is less than their original RRP so I feel quite fortunate.

I've seen them offered at £450 and £500, including one bloke who had a full set hinting at a £600 price for the 30/40 that I doubt I would go for given how close it is to 21mm Ethos territory!

I have to agree with John's characterisation of the XW30, it really does give an impression of restrained excellence. I'll be selling about five 20-40mm eyepieces from my collection now that I have such a remarkable piece.

Archived