Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First lunar tryout with new imager and new dob...

SteelRat

Got this through my new 200mm dob last night;

5976_normal.jpeg

Focus isn't very good I'm afraid but I'll get there I spose. Pretty sure it was through my 7mm ortho (just before it got dropped on and then kicked across the patio :shocked: and I love that eyepiece). Taken with my 5mp Nokia N82 that arrived yesterday. I haven't got a clue what I'm doing with it yet - it's a lot more phone than the D900 was.

cheers

Matthew

The potential is undeniable Matt. The image is a cracker as is, but you know what you want, and you will get it.

KK, I am not sure about Rupert's Sword, but I am sure I read a post of Carol's in which she associated the Straight Wall with a sword handle. No doubt she will read this and either confirm , or tell me I am imagining things.

Ron. :shocked:

Matt, you took this pic with a phone??? :shock:

That's incredible! :notworthy:

About the name...

Evidently Christiaan Huygens was the first to compare the traditional reflector view of this feature to a sword. The blade is the fault, and the handle is the exposed ridge fragments.

From what I understand it was called Huygens' Sword for a while but then shortened to 'The Sword'. It's always a favorite, and you got a great pic of it, Matt! :shocked:

Archived