NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC1333 - collaboration with Paddy Gilliland - longer FL

Barry-Wilson

Further to my earlier post, after some email exchanges with Paddy Gilliland who has been collecting Luminance data on NGC1333 using his Borg 125, we have shared data: he sent his additional Lum data to me and I have sent him my RGB data.

I have combined the two image scales in PI and we now have a higher resolution than my widefield image . . . all encouraged by Olly's post about how interesting this nebula can be.

Hi res here, http://astrob.in/219842/B/.

Thanks for looking and C&C always welcome & thank you Paddy.

post-28392-0-55074900-1445098960_thumb.j

That's a stunner, and full credit to yourself and Paddy for the quality of data and integrating the two mixes. The processing you've done here Barry is excellent, balanced, vibrant, and the dusty nebulosity within looks great - this sets the bar now for this tricky target - well done!

Martin

Thanks Martyn and Spa@ce_d - funnily I too think of jewels when I lookk at the nebula.

I think that extra data has really lifted the image compared to when there was less - A challenging target in terms of both data collection and processing - Well done!

I agree.  I've patiently waited the last 3 nights for the weather to lift as predicted by the forecast - ie clear skies - but there has just been 100% cloud, and Paddy's luminance has really helped.  Meantime, he has been waiting for the cloud to clear to collect RGB . . . pragmatism really.

That's a stunner, and full credit to yourself and Paddy for the quality of data and integrating the two mixes. The processing you've done here Barry is excellent, balanced, vibrant, and the dusty nebulosity within looks great - this sets the bar now for this tricky target - well done!

Martin

Thank you Martin.  I'm relatively new to dust processing and it wasn't easy to lift it from the background without out blowing out the already signal rich areas.  Hope you're well.

Archived