Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A real beautiful moon!

Mike73

My scopes been cooling for a couple hours, walked the dog and had tea etc then just took a quick look at the moon and wow its looking amazingly steady, really very good indeed.

I know local seeing conditions vary if you are considering going out tonight then I'd say its definitely worth setting up!!

I'm using a 6.5mm Baader Morpheus which only gives x246 and I wish I had a lot more power!

Seeing conditions gradually got worse but just for a short while it was it really was as good as it gets. I had literally 5 minutes just scanning along the terminator and everything was pin sharp. For me it really was the best views of the moon ever. :)

I didn't mange to get the scope out as the cloud was way too patchy. However, I got some lovely views with the bins during a few small gaps in the cloud. Tonight is looking very promising indeed for most of us in the UK :laugh:

Nice one Mike, sounds like you just caught a fabulous piece of seeing :)

No luck here, cloudy until quite late although it cleared nicely later on. Too tired for the scope so just had a little wander into the garden to look up :)

Archived