Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can't load images to this site any more!

As far as files do not exceed the 1MB limit personally I haven't experienced any problem attaching (uploading) files to the forum. That's up to now. Maybe something is going on with your browser or your security settings. 

For attachments it says...  You can upload up to 20MB of files (Max. single file size: 20MB)

That seems plenty. I just uploaded an attached file to the thread Skywatcher Esprit in the welcome forum, That worked.

Maybe restart the computer and try again?

Apparently for me with fewer posts has a different limit, it says :  1 MB limit. :laugh:

Ah, Dimitris, I forgot that! I suppose you can't edit your posts either. When I joined, new members needed 250 posts before they could do that. I think it is now 50 posts.

Just hold on, and leave a welcome or two to new members.

I think it's better to post a reasonable size image and link to a higher res version  with a warning about the file size...

That way people with download limits or slow connections cam make the decision on whether  or not they want to see the larger version.

We used to have a max recommended image size of 1024x768..

Peter....

I think it's better to post a reasonable size image and link to a higher res version  with a warning about the file size...

That way people with download limits or slow connections cam make the decision on whether  or not they want to see the larger version.

We used to have a max recommended image size of 1024x768..

Peter....

I always try to downsize my images (especially non-astro ones like screenshots, etc) to reduce the burden on SGL's servers. Not that my uploads by themselves would have much effect, but if all the images - of all the members - were multi-MB files it seems like that could start gobbling up server space pretty quick. So I try to keep my uploads to a reasonbale file size but have always wondered if there's a grand total maximum per member which may be uploaded to the forum. In other words if you keep your file sizes within reason - but upload a fair number on a semi-regular basis - could you ever reach a point of maxing out your allowance meaning you couldn't upload any more images to the forum?

The picture upload facility has two options: "advanced", which allows multiple files to be uploaded simultaneously and "basic", which allows one file at a time. You can select these options from a link below the "Attach" button as shown below...

post-33858-0-72048000-1443499816.png

The advanced option requires that you have an appropriate version of Flash installed on your machine (currently Flash 9). If you don't have that try the basic option as that does not require Flash.

I discovered this when I inadvertently disabled Flash on my machine when I installed some security stuff.

Hope this helps.

Archived