SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M82 ---- First go with filters

Robfal

I'm pleased with this. Everything worked properly!!

5652_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

First go with calibration frames and my newrly built flat frame box. Not sure I did everything right however a good start. Colours combined in Maxim, I'll try this in Photoshop next. I suspect that there is much more detail there but I'm still working on the processing skills. [Moondog; I like the camera!!!]

Rob

I'm pleased with this. Everything worked properly!!

5652_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I'll try this in Photoshop next. I suspect that there is much more detail there ..........

Rob

Your not wrong........ had a quick go with the Dodge and Burn tools in Photoshop on a slightly larger scale........ lots more to pull out I'm sure. :angry:

The images I've taken of 82 always come out with one side red and t'other green what ever scope I use. :?

Nice round stars by the way. :(

Cheers

CW

(click as usual)

Nice work Rob :hello1:

Great colours, good tracking too.

Are you the chap I was chatting to at the NLO a couple of weeks back, looking at the new Atik filter wheel?

Cheers

Rob

CW - nice rework. I suspect you were handicapped by only working on jpeg image. How do you use the dodge and burn function. In fact any photoshop hints would be good.

Helen - you should be able to get as good if not better images with your setup

Steppenwolf - I'll post some info on the flat box (and the homemade dual telescope mount) shortly, but I was keen to get on with the imaging. Both were really easy to do and fairly cheap.

Rob - Yes I was down at the Ian King course looking at the Atik PC controlled Filter wheel. But my manual wheel is fine for the moment. Nik made the processing seem so easy; I wish I could remember what he did.

Rob

Hello Rob,

We definately had a natter in the break.....Very informative course.

I'm sticking with my manual wheel for the moment too. When Atik get PC control up and running I'll change then, it's the last thing I need to be fully automated (apart from opening the obs roof and removing lenscaps etc!)

Archived