NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My very first M27--WIP

kalasinman

As you probably know- I like M27-I asked all the M27 imagers to post in an earlier thread & it got rammed full of really great images.

The colour saturation in your image is really nice but I can see that the imaging conditions were not ideal as the picture is a bit soft & it looks like you have suffered like me with light pollution as the sky is a bit bright which again softens the detail.

You will always benefit from more frames as this will increase the signal to noise ratio & sharpen the fainter stars.

Have you calibrated the image with flats & bias?- this can make a very substantial difference in your overall image quality.

However it is a good image as it stands so feel proud to put in your album & show your Dad!

As you probably know- I like M27-I asked all the M27 imagers to post in an earlier thread & it got rammed full of really great images.

The colour saturation in your image is really nice but I can see that the imaging conditions were not ideal as the picture is a bit soft & it looks like you have suffered like me with light pollution as the sky is a bit bright which again softens the detail.

You will always benefit from more frames as this will increase the signal to noise ratio & sharpen the fainter stars.

Have you calibrated the image with flats & bias?- this can make a very substantial difference in your overall image quality.

However it is a good image as it stands so feel proud to put in your album & show your Dad!

Yes fully calibrated. Some LP, but not bad, probably looks soft due to the huge crop noted above. I processed this after 2 1/2 hours sleep and really wasn't particular.. It was just a WIP, nowhere near finished. I had some clouds move in and tossed 25 more frames that lacked contrast. I'll add 3x more data or more weather permitting.

Archived