Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thingamajiggys & whatyamacallits

I have a visual back 2" diagonal, but recently installed a zero-image shift motor. As a result I need a thingamajiggy that fits/replaces the screw-on section of the diagonal so that the diagonal can slide in like an ordinary 2" eyepiece. However, since I don't know what it's called ;) , I am finding it difficult to look for. Any help/workaround would be useful.

A bit of an outside chance but try giving telescope House a ring as UK Meade agents. When I bought my LX200R a couple of years ago (comes with zero-shift focusser and push fit diag.) it also came with a series of adapters for the back end of the focusser, one of which is called an SC accessory adapter which, I believe, is what you are looking for. I've attached a couple of pics of the adapter along with the threaded end of an WO 2" diagonal to show that it does what you are looking for.

I hope this helps, and good luck in finding one.

Steve

post-13953-133877340833_thumb.jpg

Archived