Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clusters, Clusters, Everywhere

Gutross

Last night was the best night i have ever had under the stars. I was just going to go to bed because i had got up at 4:30 am that morning, but my wife reminded me i had been waiting all week to be able to get out with the scope. I am so glad she did!

it took me 20 minutes to set up, align, and connect the laptop. getting much better at this!

I started with Sagitarius, hit M54 M70 M22 M28 M25 M21 M20 M24 then i saw M8! i saw this "grey wash" around the cluster and pulled up the info on Carte Du Ciel and it is a cluster with a nebula! so i stayed on M8 for 20-30 minutes looking at the subtle fuzzy I would move M8 out of view and back again and would catch more detail comparing the black of space to what i had been looking at. beautiful

at this time i noticed i had been out for almost 2 hours and decided to pack up. I just glanced up and was suprized at the thick band of the milky way. i had not seen that since i was a teen. i spent 30 minutes just staring up at it seeing more and more as i gazed

Very good night and knocked off some on my Messier hunt, cant wait til tonight

Very good report. You obviously had a very special night.

it was a great night. i can not wait till next year when i get the VX8 from celestron

plus ill have to get a ZWO ASI120MC because ive seen the results from them here on sgl. if i have a few undred extra on budget i might go for mono with filters, but i doubt ill have time to do LRGB imaging colour may verywell be the way to go for me

Archived