Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 In big Dob +16in - Colour?

Pingster

I was at kelling and i told them my "friend can see spiral arms" that i was not able to see and they laughed saying its imagination. They were really experienced guys who had 20in and i think 24in scopes.

But saying that there could be freaks amongst us with super duper night vision.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also raises a very interesting issue for me. In all our discussions comparing visual astronomy tools, ie: scopes, eyepieces and filters of similar specifications, I wonder how often we are discussing differences in the performance of our eyes as individuals, rather than optical goods being served up by the instruments ?

I've said this before on the forum, but the sight in my eyes is very different. I observe with my left eye, mainly because the views I get through a scope in my right eye are nowhere near as detailed, although the view is brighter. I think if both were the same as my right then I would be imaging by now!! Scary thought ;)

I've said this before on the forum, but the sight in my eyes is very different. I observe with my left eye, mainly because the views I get through a scope in my right eye are nowhere near as detailed, although the view is brighter. I think if both were the same as my right then I would be imaging by now!! Scary thought ;)

maybe you should try left eye for planets and moon/ solar and right eye for DSOs!  :grin:

Archived