Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Broken EQDir cable or broken EQMod?

MattJenko

Hi,

Set up tonight as always and found that EQMod could not connect to my HEQ5 using my EQDir cable. Same USB port, same setup routine. EQMod Messages are that it simply could not find an EQModded mount on that port.

Tried a different USB port, it installed the driver correctly, so presuming something in the EQDir cable is fine, changed the port in the setup to the new one, but same problem - no connectivity. I tried using the handset to see if the mount was working - all is fine. Re-installed EQMOD, no change. Seems the only thing that could be at fault is the cable itself? I tried wiggling the cable to see if was a loose connection, but nothing.

Yes, I did try a reboot :)

Any suggestions what to try next?

Cheers

Matt

Hi,

Set up tonight as always and found that EQMod could not connect to my HEQ5 using my EQDir cable. Same USB port, same setup routine. EQMod Messages are that it simply could not find an EQModded mount on that port.

Tried a different USB port, it installed the driver correctly, so presuming something in the EQDir cable is fine, changed the port in the setup to the new one, but same problem - no connectivity. I tried using the handset to see if the mount was working - all is fine. Re-installed EQMOD, no change. Seems the only thing that could be at fault is the cable itself? I tried wiggling the cable to see if was a loose connection, but nothing.

Yes, I did try a reboot :)

Any suggestions what to try next?

Cheers

Matt

Stupid question,

Not sure from what you said, but did it not find the mount or did you try looking at windows and actually set the com port? Also windows has a habit of stopping com ports from being used stating that they are in use. You can delete the com ports and restart windows. It will then reassign ports.

Only asking as my NEQ6 was always found, but the EQ8 port is never found.

Just have to set a port in device manager and then it is OK. Still not found but works.

If you've already tried an know all this sorry.

Derek

I set the port manually in the EQASCOM setup screen (it never finds mine automatically). It was working yesterday, then not today. I tried a few different COM ports when I was trying plugging it in different USB ports - none worked. Going to pack up for the night and get some sleep :)

I would suspect it is the cable. Check in windows device manager to see is the cable is recognised or for any yellow warning triangles. Also check the com port number, if this is higher than 18 (I think) EQmod won't see the cable. If the cable is ok try reinstalling EQmod.

Archived