Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Productive Two Hours

wookie1965

First hit Jupiter used the UHC filter brought the bands out great, next was Saturn amazing as usual my friend came down first time he had seen it his only word was WOW. Lyra high in the sky so showed him M57 then M27 first time I had seen this easy to see the shape. On to Albireo great double star yellow and blue, moved Up to Ursa Major can never find M51 tried again tonight, went for M97 just a fuzzy ball just at the side of this saw like a streak or elongated shape found this was M108. Over to M81and M82 found these again thanks to Nick (cotterless 45) two great galaxy's in one field of view (25mm BST). As My back was killing again just showed him M13 the great Globular cluster, He left very happy seen so much stuff I was happy to see a couple of new objects and viewing again only for a couple of hours but at least if that's all I can do you can see a lot in that time. 

Brilliant stuff, Wookie and glad to hear you had a lovely session. I don't want to interfere but you mention a back problem and I was wondering whether you have a seat or not? They really do help if you haven't already got one :smiley:

No don't have a seat I have to collapsed discs causing no end of pain, I think its because I have been using the Telrad more bending looking straight up through that doesn't help wish that was a 90 degree one as well as my finder.

Nice report there Paul and as Nick says glad you've got back to it.

Keep up the reports as I'll try my best to put some of my own on to read in autumn

Glad the BST's are giving you good views as well. Great eyepieces

Damian

Archived