Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS stacking problem, help!

Hello all, my second post today regarding issues I am having...!

I use a Canon 1100D DSLR to image. I have been taking RAW images and when going to stack the images in DSS after it checks all the images (last attempt was Lights/Darks/Bias only) and then clicking the stack all images button, after about 20 minutes of it doing it's thing - it pops up with a single error message box (!) and there is no final image. I am not sure what I am doing wrong to be honest and would love some advice/help.

In the camera selection box my particular Canon model is not in the drop down menu, does this matter? I have been choosing another Canon model as close to what mine probably is in this instance.

I am not very technical when it comes to understanding the other info however I generally go with the recommended settings/parameters when going through the final check list before stacking.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

I have not done so for quite some time. I am using a beta version currently. would that make a difference? forgive my ignorance. 

Have you downloaded the latest version of DSS ?

Dave

I have not done so for quite some time. I am using a beta version currently. would that make a difference? forgive my ignorance.

3.3.4 i think is the latest, worked with my old 1100D and the present 600D.........

okay excellent, i assume i can still get the beta version of this. only way i could run it on my current laptop.

THank you all for your help.

I had this happen to me once even though I had used it many times before, and I couldn't understand what was going on.  Then I went through the tabs once you have clicked on Register checked pictures, and under stacking parameters look under OUTPUT and make sure it is ticked to create an output file, and tick autosave.  Somehow mine had got unticked.

Also my camera is not listed, so like you I tick the closest to it.

Carole 

I seem to hit one problem after another... I chose a Canon camera most similar to mine and changed it to save file as fits/tiff file. stacked the images (30 lights/20 darks/ 20 bias) and the file came out at 450mb. went to open in photoshop but it could not do it saying I did not have enough RAM to complete the task. My laptop is not old at all and has 6GB RAM at present.

I am happy to increase it if I have too, but surely the file should not be this size?? I am pretty new to all this though...

Thanks 

Sounds like it could be a codec problem. I had something similar with Registax. I was advised to download the UT Video Codec Suite.

Okay I will try that firstly, thanks. Very strange though as last year I had taken stacked images into to PS without any real issue at all. suddenly all these hurdles are appearing out of nowhere?! fingers crossed! 

Archived