NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cottage Break

Freff

I have just booked a lovely secluded cottage in mid Wales for 7 nights.

It is about 10 miles west of Welshpool Powys, with its nearest neighbour a mile away.

Its the week from 16th May with a New Moon on the 18th which should prove ideal if the skies stay clear.

With just my wife and I and all my star party astro gear :grin:, it should be a relaxing break.

I will post images and a brief review on my return.

Hi Tony, looked into doing something like this as my wife is disabled but most cottages seem to cater for half a dozen people and you have to pay for all the folks that aren't there so makes it a bit expensive.

Have a nice time and hope the skies stay clear for you, look forward to some nice sky scapes.

Dave

Thanks Dave. When we first looked we came across the same pitfalls, catering for large numbers.

This cottage is for two only which is ideal. It was £450 for 7 nights.

Not having rented one before we were not sure if it was expensive or not.

We thought it was reasonable so took a chance. Time will tell.  

Great stuff..

A good friend of mine runs a bed n breakfast about 2 miles out of Welshpool, easy see the MW, double cluster and andromada by eye.. If it's clear it's great sky's out there!

Enjoy..

Fozzie

Thanks guys. I was my wife who found it whilst trawling the net.

She said "I have found a lovely cottage in mid Wales, do you fancy 7 nights".

A quick calculation.....New Moon X Mid Wales X Isolation =  " that sounds great my beloved, you could do with the break".  

Well.. it would be selfish to say no after all her efforts. :rolleyes:

Archived