Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some interesting comments at this linkhttp://www.scopeviews.co.uk/OrionOptics200Dob.htm

Quite balanced as to the pros and cons

Very interesting Stu, i did not know they had ever made one f these, but i can just imagine the conversation if i were to contact them

I asked a little while back. The cost was over a grand.

One of my biggest regrets is that I missed out on a beautiful example of one on eBay which went for about £350 or £400 I think. 1/10th wave optics and in excellent condition.

They are out there but rare!

I am now going round in circles, thinking i would prefer a nice newt on the skytee 2 rather than a dob...............there really is no hope for me  :mad:

an 8" is too big for my liking on the skytee, been there, so this brings me round in a great big circle to the Altair astro 150 f6

I am now going round in circles, thinking i would prefer a nice newt on the skytee 2 rather than a dob...............there really is no hope for me  :mad:

an 8" is too big for my liking on the skytee, been there, so this brings me round in a great big circle to the Altair astro 150 f6

Jules, you need some therapy chap!

I am now going round in circles, thinking i would prefer a nice newt on the skytee 2 rather than a dob...............there really is no hope for me :mad:

An 8 inch is very doable on your mount

If you are not feeling too adverse towards a dobsonian mount option, then the Orion Optics are quite agreeable. The OTA can be positioned comfortably, by sliding along the tube rings for balance and for ideal focuser position. They are very nice in every other practical sense to. I can carry my OOUK VX8L dobsonian outside as one unit. 

Just get an 8" Dob and see how you get on ...you won't lose out on it if you have to sell it on

Been thinking this very thing for the last hour or so, just go for 200 dob and see how i like it, just need to sell a few other scopes first

Archived