Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Video of Partial Io Transit of Jupiter

Virgoman

Hi all. Just posting, err hopefully......, an animation of part of the transit of Io from images captured with the C8 on the evening of 21.03.15. Was happy to get some detail on Io this particular night with reasonable seeing.....pity you can`t bottle it lol!

Enough waffle - video attached.  Hopefully this will work as it`s my first time using YT for this (not sure how will handle quality wise) - in fact it`s my first post on it! Thanks, as always for looking/enduring and clear skies.

Best regards,

Ralph (lights blue touch paper and stands well back)

https://youtu.be/YWcDkC8icuI

Many thanks Michael, Chris G, Felix and Chris L for your comments :smiley:!

That is really nice Ralph! What did you use to create the animation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Felix, I used Chris Garry`s superb programme (genius really! :smiley: ) PIPP`s Planetary Animation option to compile this. Simply loaded in my image files selected the animation options which allows you to tailor the sequence options the used the output tab for video format and processed. Brilliant! 

Best regards,

Ralph

Many thanks guys for the favourable comment. Always much appreciated! :smiley:

Lovely work Ralph Io is like a pearl!

That`s an excellent description Stuart lol! :grin: A fiery pearl!

That is a very good C8 animation! What kind of setup were you using (camera/filter/barlow)?

Hi Ecuador. I used a Tal x2 barlow and a ZWO 120MM camera through Baader LRGB filters.

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived