Go to Llandovery head  through the town take a right turn just before the level crossing go 500yds down the road to the crossroads and turn left (its signposted) stay on that road all the way dont turn off, the church and reserve is on your left at the base of the dam near enough, If you carry on that road to the top of the dam wall the road forks so bear right again stay on this road all the way dont turn off, when you get to the top end of the res turn right this will take you up and over the devils staircase and through the valley. when you go through the valley you can either turn left and head for Belluh or turn right and head for Llangamech Wellspost-25141-0-13258700-1428555743_thumb.j

I did do that as it happens on my images I took them in the day to get a rough idea of where things were trees rocks etc just didnt get the time to go down the valley as the moon came out and time was getting on

Go to Llandovery head  through the town take a right turn just before the level crossing go 500yds down the road to the crossroads and turn left (its signposted) stay on that road all the way dont turn off, the church and reserve is on your left at the base of the dam near enough, If you carry on that road to the top of the dam wall the road forks so bear right again stay on this road all the way dont turn off, when you get to the top end of the res turn right this will take you up and over the devils staircase and through the valley. when you go through the valley you can either turn left and head for Belluh or turn right and head for Llangamech Wellsattachicon.gifDSC_1000.jpg

thank you so much paul

The middle of Wales is aptly named the 'Green Desert' as it is a largely uninhabited region of uplands with almost no villiages and few crossing roads. So it's one of the best low light pollution areas in the southern UK.

I'm a member of the Cambrian Mountains Society which aims to get the area some kind of legal protected status - believe it or not it's not even an AONB! Even though it was once scheduled to be a National Park......

It is believed that protected status was/is not granted due to the Welsh Government & large estate owners wanting to get in as many windfarms as possible before the end of subsidies make it all unviable. So enjoy the views while you can there are some big windfarms planned for the area.

Archived