Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bench psu

Bubbles82

Hey everyone been along while since I posted, so I thought I would ease my way back in with a quick question. I usually run my kit from a leisure battery but now I'm nearing completing my obsy I would like to get a BENCH PSU like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-97w-dc-fixed-voltage-bench-power-supply-xm21x could anybody confirm that this would be suitable for mounts ,filter wheel,cameras and dew controllers at 13.8 volts because my understanding of ratings is very limited[emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,look no further than this unit from Rapid,excellent build quality i`ve used one for  three years no problems,plenty of room inside to add proper sockets!!!!

Link here:http://www.rapidonline.com/electrical-power/rapid-smps-25a-40a-65063

Regards

Mike

I personally would not use a switch mode power supply, I prefer the more regulated ones, especially with imaging equipment attached to my rig, personal choice.

AB

Yep, switch modes are very noisy , just stick a radio near one !

Exactly my point, and with all the imaging gear around it, does not help the image data.

But what is very strange, and I have never worked this one out, is that PC power supply are switch mode, and you would think that a computer would be the last place to put one....go figure

AB

Thanks everyone or the replies this makes me less worried about using bench PSU to power my kit as I know most of you have some expensive kit compared to mine and wouldn't risk damaging it[emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived